Crisis, Stabilization, & Recovery
This highly experiential training provides a step-by-step, evidenced-informed approach that can be used as a crisis/disaster response protocol. Specifically, participants will learn how to 1) effectively and safely respond to those in crisis, 2) provide gentle, easy-to-use stabilization skills that can promote calming and regulation, and 3) increase long-term resilience for those still recovering from adversity. This method is both trauma and culturally-informed and flexible in its approach. Crisis, Stabilization, and Recovery ™ can also be used as part of a behavioral management program in schools and residential treatment centers, and as a de-escalation approach for hospital staff and first-responders.
- Review the latest science of stress and trauma, and how it negatively affects processing information and emotional regulation.
- Discuss pros and cons of current crisis response protocols.
- Demonstrate how to safely approach those in crisis, prioritize needs, and help build attachment connections.
- Experience how body-based approaches that use grounding and centering activities that can help those in crisis find stability.
- Learn ways of providing support for those experiencing prolonged adversity/crisis
- Explore ways of incorporating this approach in a variety of settings.
Crisis, Stabilization, and Recovery™ is a highly experiential workshop that blends presentations and expertiantial practice exercises. Attendees will complete this course feeling competent to begin using this approach with the people they serve.
Crisis, Stabilization, and Recovery™ is open to anyone, and is highly recommended for residential treatment centers, schools, hospitals, mobile crisis units, and first responders.