Yoga for Health and Well-Being: Self-Care and Holistic Practice
Yoga for Health and Well-Being™ is a practice for optimizing the health of the body and quieting the mind. It includes a variety of activities including postures, breathing techniques, meditation, and lifestyle practices. It is taught and practiced in studios, schools, hospitals, businesses, gyms and at home to people of all ages interested in its many benefits.
Skills and Concepts Learned
In two full days of training, each participant will learn how to incorporate yoga practices into their everyday self-care and in their professional practice, if they desire.
Participants will understand that:
- Yoga comprises a wide range of mind/body practices, from postural and breathing exercises to deep relaxation and meditation.
- Yoga is the process of empowering individuals to progress toward improved health and well-being through the application of the teachings and practices of Yoga.
- Yoga supports stress management, mental health, mindfulness, healthy eating, weight loss, and quality sleep.
- Yoga prescribes specific regimens of postures, breathing exercises, and relaxation techniques to suit the specific needs of individuals and groups.
Yoga for Health and Well-Being Training includes:
- a brief history and science of yoga
- physical and mental health benefits of yoga
- philosophical tenets or code of ethics
- how to set intention and positive affirmations
- postures and movement
- breathing exercises
- guided meditation and relaxation
- short brief practices that can be done throughout the day
Yoga for Health and Well-Being™ Training is designed for anyone interested in improving their overall health and self-care habits and routines.